Friday 27 July 2012

Back on it- 73 days to go

This is a little round up of the last two days, we've just been doing so many activites I haven't had time to post! The weather in London has been gorgeous lately so we decided to make the most of it while it lasts.

On Wednesday after work Ed came to meet me and we went to check out the Lido near my work. It was so nice after a day in the office to be swimming in the open air. The centre also had a little sun deck on the roof so it felt a little bit like being back on holiday. I forgot to take a photo but it looked like this, only busier and less blury!


Afterwards I cycled home and made it back just a few minutes after Ed, proof that cycling is just as quick as the tube and much nicer! I was planning on making a mini triathalon of it by going out for a run but was so tired that I settled on a glass of wine instead. A wise choice I think!

On Thursday it was another scorcher so we decided to head back down to Clissold park and try to bag that ping pong table. We had better luck this time and got straight on, but it soon became apparent we are both pretty terrible at ping pong (Ammendment- Ed wanted me to put that he has far more prowess at ping pong than me. He did beat me 2 games to 1 but I think I had more panache)!! It was so much fun though and surprisingly good exercise (mostly running after the ball when we missed it and dodging the people playing basketball next to us!). Afterwards we ate salted caramel ice cream in the sunshine it was so good!!



When I got home I psyched myself up and went out for a run, it had cooled down a bit by then so it was actually quite a nice running temperature. I managed half an hour and my knees held up this time, I kept the pace pretty steady and only stopped when I got a ridiculous stitch half way round- that would be the ice cream then! It felt good to get round without any knee issues and in fairly decent time as well I think. Still lots of room for improvement though!


I need to start getting my distance up pretty soon, but find it hard to motivate myself to keep running when I'm out on my own. I've persuaded my friend Ulli (who's training for an actual full marathon) to go running on Monday before work with me. Sweaty Betty, the shop, are organising free guided runs around London and we're going to get involved. It means a 6am start for me, but there's a free goody bag at the end!! We're going to be brave and attempt the 10km circuit around the royal parks, I figure it's perfect training for my Royal Parks half! I'll let you know how I get on.

Nicci
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...